I upgraded my server from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 this weekend.Continue reading post "Server upgrade: Ubuntu 20.04"
I’ve upgraded my site from Symfony version 3 to 4, without using Symfony Flex. I didn’t upgrade so much for new features, but mainly to be up to date, especially with Symfony 5 not far off.Continue reading post "Upgrade Symfony 3 to 4 without Flex"
Firefox finally forced me to upgrade from version 52 ESR.Continue reading post "#2095"
I’ve finally updated my server to Ubuntu 18.04 using
I was getting a white screen with 200 status in production after updating Symfony to 3.4.Continue reading post "#1696"
Well, Firefox forced my hand by upgrading even though I had “Never check for updates” checked. So I now have Firefox ESR installed.Continue reading post "#1675"
Symfony 3.0 has finally been released. I hadn’t even noticed for almost a week. It took some time, but I’ve updated my boilerplate and related bundles to use it. I then updated my site. I haven’t delved too far into 3 yet, but I like the new directory structure and profiler / dev toolbar.
I have my awstats set up as I described in 2010. I keep the configuration and the data separate from the install to make updates easier. However, it had been so long since I upgraded that I forgot how it was set up and fumbled a little before finding that article and figuring out what had to be done. In order to make it easier for next time, I created myself a simple little script to handle the upgrade for me:Continue reading post "Upgrading my Awstats setup"