Hello there, web surfer. I am Toby Mackenzie of Northeast Ohio. Welcome to my little stop on the information superhighway. I hope you enjoy your visit. Come on in. Find out more about me or my web development career. Visit my web-pipe to find out what's happening in Toby land.
Me in brief
- I currently live and work in Akron.
- I build websites for a living, as a LAMP-stack developer.
- I am introverted / quiet / shy.
- I like computers, music, hiking, shows / movies / books, old video games, &c.
- I value freedom of expression, autonomy, equalization of power, environmental preservation, sharing of knowledge and effort, &c.
My online presences
Humans can be better than they are, so let's do that
Be excellent to each other
& Ted "Theodore" Logan,
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Слава Україні (Slava Ukraini) ✊🏻 🇺🇦
In my career I've found few people are truly evil, most are just too far disconnected from the effects of their actions. Until someone reconnects them.
Having something requires giving something else up.
Have / Experienced
- Cleveland sportstball: Caveliers, Guardians, Browns
- Coop travel pillow: very comfortable travel-sized memory foam pillow with adjustable fill level
- Columbo DVD series: classic TV detective
- Three Thirty Six hoodie: My favorite hoodie with no dangling hood-pulls
- Mr. Robot: hacking themed TV show with mental health spin
- Onyx Boox Nova 3 Color: Color eInk device running Android
- Github: allowing me to share my code easily
- Phillip K. Dick: classic sci-fi writer
- sunrise alarm clock
- StarLabs StarLite: Linux first convertible tablet with good specs, reasonable price, user replaceable parts (planned), Coreboot
- Onyx Mira eInk monitor: nice looking but expensive, waiting for color version (must syntax highlight)
- framework is making a laptop that is user serviceable / upgradable, with parts readily available from their marketplace.
- Purism is making the Librem 5 phone, a phone running Linux, with a privacy focus including physical component switches, upgradable baseband, mostly open firmware.