I finally got my online T Mobile account working after switching to a new plan last month. It took a few weeks, mostly due to my inaction. When I first tried logging in, it said I had to attach a number to my account. This was probably because they cancelled my plan and created a new one when I bought my new phone. But the re-attachment didn’t work, and I got an error message saying to call a number.
The first time I called the number, I had the lady try to keep the same email address. She did something and said to wait 48 hours to log in again. I did, and got the same error. I tried the T Mobile app on my phone, but got a different error message, with no call to action at all. So I waited and tried occasionally, hoping it would resolve itself.
It didn’t resolve itself over weeks, so I called the number again. The resolution was that they had to delete my old online account (much like with the plan) and then I had to create a new one with a different email address. The lady waited on the phone while I did this, which took a while, but it worked.
Apparently, my old plan was on a different system or something, which couldn’t be switched easily to the new one. That’s why the needed to cancel and create anew the plan, and part of the reason for my difficulty switching plans earlier this year.
Once in, I was able to set up my E-911 address, which is apparently required to be able to do wi-fi calling. Of course, I don’t have wi-fi at my house that my phone can connect to, so it won’t be too helpful for that purpose. My old phone didn’t have wi-fi calling at all.
I can now see my data usage and pay my bill. This new plan allows me to see a log of calls and text messages, of which my old plan didn’t store any.