The art auction went well enough, considering the virus situation. Joe’s pieces went just slightly above the average total of all estimates. Most went below, but a few went above, particularly the last two, which were silver dishes. His were lots: 174, 186, 191, 198, 200A, 201, 207, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 229, 230, 231, 237, 253, 254, 256, 260, 280, 281, 284, 291, 294, 296, 299, 323, 352, 367, 406, and 407. I bid on five pieces through their website, winning two. They were:
- Heading Out, a ship painting by Richard Wagner
- Three Figures on a Street by Louise Friedman, a painting of mysterious cloaked figures
I bid below the estimates, but nobody else seemed to bid on them. I was disappointed that, when putting a max number before the auction actually happened, it started one increment below. I could’ve gotten it for lower had I known and bid manually, or maybe I would’ve roped somebody else into bidding and going higher. Oh well, it’s going to the family pool.
I had been interested in and bid on an abstract bird painting, but didn’t get it. Like last time the bidding ended on my high bid, but because of the order of bidding, I didn’t get it. I feel like I should’ve gone a bit higher on it.
This being the first time I’ve won from this place, I’m going to have to figure out how to pay and get my items. They didn’t send me an email or anything about it, and I don’t see anything on their website.
The estate sale was the first at the house, but only in the driveway / garage. I think it went well, but there was still plenty of stuff when I left a few hours before the end of the last day. I bought some tools:
- a torque wrench
- needle nose pliers
- big pliers
- two sizes of vise grips
- Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within special edition
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Mask of Zorro
- Jurassic Park collector’s edition
- Serenity collector’s edition (already had the regular edition)
- Donnie Darko
- The Purge
- V for Vendetta special edition (already had the regular edition)
- Resident Evil special edition
- Superbad unrated extended edition
and some music:
- highlights from Madama Butterfly
- Opera’s Greatest Duets
- Berlioz Requiem
I also picked up some parts for my car.