Ohioans, tomorrow (Tuesday, the 8th) is the day to vote on issue 1. I suggest we all get out to vote. The issue is whether to make it harder for citizens to amend the constitution. I am a hard no on the issue, and would hate to see what limited power us citizens have reduced further in favor of politicians.Continue reading post "#4116"
A friend of mine was commenting that Jaws got pushback for inciting fear of sharks / swimming with the low odds of getting bit by one, while The Birds didn’t get pushback in spite of the low odds of getting attacked by a bird. I opined that it was probably Big Beach instigating the pushback. I imagine with the tourism money they have a better lobby than Big Bird.
- robust forward and backward compatibility like CSS
- simpler, easier to learn format than JS
- little to write or think about for common functionality
- little to send over wire for common functionality
- more performant native implementation possible
- familiar syntax to CSS devs
- simple to connect behavior broadly to chosen selectors
@support, etc to limit which and when behaviors apply
- automatic handling of attaching and removing behaviors when they apply / don’t, including new DOM elements
- maintain separation of concerns that keeping JS and CSS separate provides
I Ohio Voted.Continue reading post "#3883"
I would like to see electric cars adopt hybrid energy storage / generation systems. An advanced controller would direct electricity to and from each system based on which is considered best at handling the current situation. If one has failed, it would simply be cut out of usage. It might include batteries, a generator, capacitors, compressed air systems, etc. A system like this would:
- allow for characteristics that any one system doesn’t provide
- provide an alternative / backup for if any one system fails / degrades
- retain the simple, low maintenance drive system that an electric vehicle has
I saw an article about cities doing various things to reduce heat, including lighter road surfaces and planting trees. Trees provide good shade and reduce temperatures, and are generally good for the environment, but can require quite a bit of water for dry areas. I got to thinking that we could build artificial tree-like structures to provide shade. But it would require a lot of material, and it would be undesirable cost-wise and environmentally to dig up new materials for this purpose. So I wondered about building them from waste materials.Continue reading post "Ideas: Waste material as shade structures"
A parking garage would be built catering to vanlife visitors. It would have amenities for them and both short and long term parking pricing. The price would probably have to be kept a good bit lower than campgrounds, as their natural settings and added space offer added value.Continue reading post "Ideas: Vanlife parking garage"
Слава Україні (Slava Ukraini) ✊🏻 🇺🇦.Continue reading post "#3703"
Idea: A lodging establishment called Linked Inn. It would likely cater to business travelers and have some nice common spaces for meeting others as well as conference rooms.
Furnace with a powerful computer system providing the heat. Will use compute cycles for scientific research or other social or personal purposes, running things like BOINC, Folding at Home, crypto mining, or rented “cloud” usage. Fans or liquid cooling systems will carry heat to a traditional forced air or water boiler system to distribute the heat throughout the home / building. System will increase or decrease CPU usage based on thermostatic control.Continue reading post "Ideas: compute furnace"