[Update]The following method no longer seems to work due to changes in the install.sh script as well as locked down permissions in newer OS versions. Because of this and changes to my general setup, I have a new Homebrew setup that uses Homebrew’s untar anywhere method.[/Update]
I installed Homebrew, a Mac package manager, recently on my main computer.
We finally bought the domain name and hosting account for Stearns, at stearnshomestead.com. We were expecting them to want a .org due to their nonprofit status, but I guess they wanted the familiarity of the .com. They have no company credit card, so Angela had to set up the account and will bill them for a check. I don’t know what they’ll do in the future: They’ll probably have to have one of their members do a similar thing.
We moved our WordPress install from its temporary location in a subfolder of one of Angela’s sites to the root of the new site. There was perhaps a bit of trouble moving the site, but once we figured it out, the install worked perfectly. To move, we transferred from one site to the other via FTP all site files. We then used PHPMyAdmin to export the site data as SQL and then import it to the new site (didn’t have to use PHPMyAdmin for the new site, as the host has an import function in their control panel). We then had to update the config file for WordPress to reference the new database. Finally, we had to change two URLs in the options table in the database. Everything now works.