Almost lost some work with git. I was using git reset --hard to rewrite some history, but I forgot that I had some unstaged changes. Luckily, I had stashed it previously and still had the call in my terminal buffer, so I was able to get the object ID and apply it after verifying it was the right one with git stash -p show $ID. Of course, I didn’t realize this at first, so I spent some time looking through detached blobs / commits to no avail. Most of the changes were small and would’ve been easy to replace, but one had taken me some time and mental capacity. So the lesson is: Occasionally stash things so there is a record of them. Er, perhaps it’s just: Watch what you’re doing with git reset --hard.